A patch to janusSEAL App for Outlook, version 3.5.1, has been released which provides:
- improved interface localisation,
- the ability to install the manifest in Exchange 2016 CU3 and below, and
- the ability to preview the upgrade for sites that already have an earlier version installed.
In more detail, these fixes and enhancements are:
- Enhancement: improvements to localisation of user interface in Exchange 2016 and Office 365 environments. Unlike Exchange 2013 which only supported culture specific localisation (language + region) janusSEAL App for Outlook has been enhanced to make use of culture neutral localisation (language only) which is supported in Exchange 2016 and Office 365. This means the user interface is more likely to be rendered in the preferred language choice of the user, regardless of region. Behaviour in Exchange 2013 remains the same - the user interface is rendered in the preferred language choice of the user provided janusSEAL App for Outlook has a localisation resource for the user's language and region preference (specific culture).
- Fix: in introducing support for detecting the on send event in version 3.4.0, the new installation manifest required for defining this feature was not recognised in Exchange 2016 CU3 and below and led to an error on trying to install janusSEAL App for Outlook on such systems. In this patch we now include the ability for system administrators to specify their Exchange environment and the installation manifest is manufactured to be valid for that the environment.
- Enhancement: some customers had requested the ability to be able to install the newer version of the manifest without needing to remove the current version of janusSEAL App for Outlook from production. In this patch we now include the ability for system administrators to indicate that they want a 'preview' edition of the manifest which can be installed alongside the current version in production.
To take advantage of either of the enhancements above, organisations have to re-fetch their installation manifest as is covered in the documentation.